Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Koolaid Dyed Brown Yarn



I had a very happy Christmas Eve day dyeing this yarn! We had a big snowstorm and stayed home, so Koolaid dyeing was a wonderful way to spend the day. Along with putting up our Christmas tree and decorations.


My sister Heidi gave me this wool at Thanksgiving. This is the light tan color that I started with. You can see the original color in the center of the photo. I started my afghan with this yarn and soon decided that I needed more, so I dyed the medium brown.

2 comments:

Winter Wanderings said...

I love these colors!
I need to learn how to do this koolaid dying -- OK, I also need to learn how to knit (I can crochet, that counts, right?)

The mitered squares somehow remind me of Thangles -- how is that possible?

;^)

Unknown said...

These all came out so beautifully. I have a mass of wool-alpaca in a similar natural, light tan that I'd like to dye. Can you tell me how you achieved the blue at the bottom left of your photo? It seems darker/deeper than other samples I've found.